Summer Internship Deadline: March 31
Spring 2019 Internships: Available Immediately
Critical Resistance is seeking immediate support in the area of operations and administration from an intern or consistent volunteer (6 hours or more per week). This internship supports all the abolitionist campaigns, prisoner correspondence, and programs of the organization and is an excellent way to gain skills and experience in organizing and nonprofit operations. You will gain experience with online platforms such as Box, Salesforce, and WordPress. Some of the areas of focus for the internship include: data entry and database management, website support, mailings, and filing. Fill out application.
Summer 2019 Internships: Deadline for Application March 31, 2019
We are specifically seeking interns to work in three areas:
- Development and Fundraising, including donor management, event support, direct appeals
- Media and Communications, specifically social media and The Abolitionist Newspaper (including project management, editing/writing, design)
- Campaigns, including research, outreach, and materials development
- Operations and Administration, including data entry and database management, website support, mailings, and filing
As of now we cannot offer financial compensation, however we can work with you to meet academic, scholarship, or other internship requirements. Former prisoners and their loved ones, survivors of police violence, people of color, women, queer and trans/gender-nonconforming people are especially encouraged to apply. Apply Now
Primary Work Areas May Include (training provided):
- Media and communications, including web and social media updates
- Grassroots fundraising and basic finances admin
- Contact management and maintenance
- Support grant research
- Campaign support and outreach
- Prison Industrial Complex (PIC) research, archiving, and materials generation
Secondary Work Areas May Include:
- Support national work groups or chapters
- Support on-site planning and logistics for campaigns, events or gatherings
- Conduct campaign outreach and facilitate information sessions
- Support prisoner mail and prisoner participation in CR
- We also ask our interns to be involved in the ongoing administrative work of CR.
If you have a specific idea of a project you’d like to do as an intern with Critical Resistance, we welcome talking with you about it to determine whether it is a good match with the organization’s current work.