The New York County District Attorney’s Office
||Community Partnerships Unit
|Campaign Start Date:
The New York County District Attorney’s Office (DANY) Community Partnerships Unit is seeking to hire a Reentry Supervisor to enhance the Office’s efforts to reduce recidivism (particularly violence), among formerly incarcerated people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Director, Deputy Director, and other unit supervisors as a cohesive leadership and supervisory team.
- Directly supervise and be responsible for directing the work and goals of the Reentry Coordinator:
- Assign tasks,
- Conduct regular meetings with individual staff, and
- Update Director and Deputy Director on the work and progress of the Reentry Team.
- Develop and maintain expertise on community partners, stakeholders, assets and government resources for reentrants.
- Assist with planning of monthly forums for parolees and probationers.
- Ensure participants are following up with services and resources offered at the forums.
- Assist community and law enforcement agencies in implementation of tangible solutions to reentry process.
- Represent DANY at community and reentry meetings as necessary.
- Educate DANY on reentry related issues.
- Perform related duties and tasks as needed.
- Superior organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Performs all assignments in an accurate, professional and expeditious manner.
- Creative problem-solving abilities are essential.
- Resourcefulness, initiative and good judgment essential.
- Working knowledge of reentry process and New York State prison systems preferred.
- Familiarity with incarcerated populations preferred.
- Working knowledge of New York State court and prison systems preferred.
- Must possess a readiness to learn and adapt to rapid changes in technology.
- Ability to work overtime and flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking ability a plus.
- Experience in successful reentry after prison preferred.
- Experience with focused deterrence strategies a plus.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer