Montgomery County Government
Racial Equity Transformation!!!
If you are interested in making a difference and working every day to operationalize racial equity and social justice… this is the job for you!
Join our new Office of Racial Equity and Social Justice and contribute to developing and supporting leadership to foster racial equity and social justice.
Office of Racial Equity and Social Justice (ORE) is a new County department whose mission is to redress racial disparities. ORE provides racial equity and social justice training to county employees, develop short and long term goals with metrics to redress disparities, work with departments to create the county’s “racial and social justice action plan” and staff the racial equity advisory committee.
The Office of Racial Equity Program Manager II (Policy Analyst) will report to the Chief Equity Officer. Employee will work in a horizontal, collaborative, and intersectional fashion across the County, holding our workforce accountable to our commitment to racial equity and social justice. The employee will advise on communications, process, and policy through a racial equity lens. The employee will work remotely under Covid, and may require evenings and weekend work.
- Working with ORE Director and County department leadership to assess and develop departmental polices, procedures, and practices with a racial equity lens
- Tracking County legislative processes and evaluating Racial Equity Impact Assessments (REIA) for needed actions and response by ORE Director
- Assisting with development of Racial Equity Impact Assessments for budget and legislative decisions
- Researching and conducting comparative analysis on best practices in the racial equity field across issue areas; including, but not limited to, budgeting, planning, housing, public safety, and data analysis
- Facilitating the County’s commitment and strategy to be a diverse, antiracist, equitable, and inclusive organization
- Supporting leadership in the development and implementation of organizational initiatives, objectives, and strategies related to the advancement of racial equity.
- Working with immigrant communities and resolving issues associated with multicultural communities.
- Liaise directly with Office of Legislative Oversight, County Council, Directors, department Racial Equity Leads, and community groups on internal/external stakeholder engagement
- Provide technical assistance to Racial Equity leads as they assess departmental policies for racial equity.
- Work with Racial Equity lead and Department Directors to develop Racial Equity Action Plans
- Work with the Office of Public Information’s Communications Team to ensure communications are culturally-appropriate, effectively tailored to audiences, and address language access.
- Identify and advise on metrics/lessons learned to senior management; advise on challenges to achieving racial equity and social justice.
- Collaborate with County’s staff to advance an equity agenda through ORE data analysis and information sharing.
- Measuring, tracking and analyzing the effectiveness of racial equity initiatives; reporting progress; identifying opportunities for new areas of focus.
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated experience managing complex relationships,
- Professional practice working with racial and ethnic disparities in health, urban planning, criminal justice, organizational development or across systems
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Critical and creative thinking skills to drive innovative solutions
- Demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice.
- Strategically minded with demonstrated ability to design and implement high impact initiatives and plans based on analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to drive the business around diversity internally and externally; motivated to make an impact and create results
- Demonstrated interest and experience in racial equity and social justice; ability to take initiative as a collaborative change agent, working in tandem with stakeholders throughout the County
- Problem solving skills
- Positive customer service approach to internal clients; ability to build and maintain productive working relationships
- Organized and detailed project manager with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate in clear and inspiring ways, adapting appropriately to the environment and audience; ability to champion new and bold ideas, practices, and offerings
- Consultative mindset; approaches problems or roadblocks as opportunities for learning and creative thinking
- Knowledge of immigrant community and issues associated with multicultural communities.
Bilingual applicants in the Spanish/English languages are encouraged to apply. If the candidate selected for this position possesses multilingual skills, they will be required to successfully pass an examination assessing oral communication, reading comprehension, and interpreting skills.