Advancement Project National Office
Advancement Project National Office’s Washington DC office has an opening for a Digital Campaigns Strategist to support its civil rights litigation and advocacy work.
Advancement Project National Office is a next generation, multiracial civil rights organization. Rooted in the great human rights struggles for equality and justice, we exist to fulfill America’s promise of a caring, inclusive, and just democracy. We use innovative tools and strategies in conjunction with strong community alliances to strengthen social movements and achieve high impact policy change. We combine law, communications, policy and technology to create workable solutions and achieve systemic change. We change the national discourse on race to provide opportunities for breakthroughs on racism. We aim to inspire and strengthen movements that expand opportunity for all.
This creative role at our organization develops and executes digital communication strategies, supports campaigns across all digital platforms, including websites, social media, email, donation and mobile platforms; manages Advancement Project National Office’s website and writes and posts content for digital media platforms; monitors digital media trends, narratives and engagement; and conducts rapid response strategies and engagement.
- Lead content creation and routinely post to website and social media platforms, including graphics, surveys and other materials to appeal to various audiences.
- Create and maintain regular content calendar
- Ensure consistency, and branding across social media and organizational web presence
- Perform social media monitoring and active social media listening to determine best approaches for organization to convey messages.
- Proactively suggest trendsetting digital media campaigns aligned with the digital strategy and establish digital best practices and lead special projects, initiatives and events.
- Compile and collect online social media research and analytics for use in proposed digital strategy and reports.
- Capture photographic, video and audio coverage during events for social media, working with other teams members
- Conduct live tweeting, live streaming and cross posting with social media partners.
- Manages advertising campaigns and reports analytics.
- Craft and lead internal and training for partners.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- Three to 5 years’ experience in a similar position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree is required.
- Working knowledge of communications best practices and trends for managing digital media communications, policy changes and legislative movements in the mission related program and project areas, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to reflect the organization’s voice, brand with an ability to advocate and communicate with authority.
- Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in the context of a variety of situations with multiple variables, both predictable and unpredictable.
- Ability to manage a high volume of tasks at one time, including organizing and prioritizing workload.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction work as part of a team and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrate understanding of advanced graphic design principles (working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite).
- Experience working in a nonprofit environmental; and understanding of racial justice issues desired.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CRM, CMS, and CSS, as well as social media platforms, analytics software and scheduling software such as Buffer or Hootsuite.
- Understanding of online fundraising and knowledge of EveryAction software.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook and other applicable communications software programs.