The Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) is seeking a highly strategic and knowledgeable Director of Legislative Affairs to strengthen and execute CLASP’s legislative agenda on Capitol Hill.
– Proactively building and strengthening Congressional relationships through ongoing, regular contacts with a wider number of offices, senior staff, and Members.
– Maintaining and expanding CLASP’s Hill presence to increase the visibility of CLASP and our key priorities.
– Increasing CLASP’s capacity to inform all phases of the legislative process, including being a thought partner with Congressional Members and staff (for example, during the development of legislative proposals).
– Coordinating CLASP’s rapid response to high priority issues/threats and requests from legislative staff, through direct engagement of Members and staff as well as a range of communications strategies, in coordination with CLASP’s policy and Communications teams.
– Working with policy teams and Communications to develop materials, briefings, and talking points that respond directly to the needs of and questions from Members of Congress and their staffs.
– Developing internal staff skills, through coaching and staff development activities.
– Maintaining information flow about Hill activities within CLASP, through e-mails, tracking systems, and meetings.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Position is based in Washington, D.C.
Salary is commensurate with experience. CLASP offers exceptional benefits, including health insurance, dental insurance, life and long-term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, a 403(b) retirement program, flexible spending accounts, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules
The Center for Law and Social Policy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.