Advancement Project is a next generation, multi-racial civil rights organization. Rooted in the great human rights struggles for equality and justice, we exist to fulfill America’s promise of a caring, inclusive and just democracy. We use innovative tools and strategies (including law, communications, policy and organizing) to strengthen social movements and achieve high impact policy change, with a focus on undoing structural racism.
Under supervision of the Managing Director, Development and working collaboratively with leadership and staff, the Development Manager is responsible for managing foundation and institutional relationships, researching, preparing, organizing and drafting grant proposals and reports, and other duties as assigned.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Co-Directors, Managing Director of Development, and senior program staff to develop and implement fundraising plan;
- Establish, cultivate and maintain relationships with foundations;
- Work with program staff to capture and report on vision, direction and achievements;
- Coordinate with grassroots and other partners on joint funding proposals, when appropriate;
- Research to identify potential foundation and institutional supporters;
- Prepare high-quality proposals and grant reports;
- Manage grants calendar to ensure timely submission of reports and documents to funders;
- Manage and oversee donor database, and maintain and control grants files and filing systems;
- Coordinate production of the annual report in cooperation with communications team;
- Manage communications arm of development, including e-appeals, funder outreach updates, direct mail solicitations, and social media.
Candidate must have strong interpersonal, research, and writing skills and a commitment to racial justice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required. Two to five years experience in nonprofit resource development preferred.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, one writing sample, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Development Associate.