- Mission & Goals
- Working Groups
- Convener’s Corner
- Partners & Allies
- Photo Gallery
The Office of the State’s Attorney for Baltimore City seeks candidates for the position of Chief of External Affairs. The position is responsible for various units, including Community Affairs, Victim/Witness Services, Crime Control and Prevention, and Communications for the office. The Chief of External Affairs serves as the frontline to the community, government officials, and key stakeholders and spearheads initiatives to help implement the State’s Attorney’s vision for reforming the criminal justice system in Baltimore, Maryland. Specifically, the Chief of External Affairs supervises a team of approximately forty (40) individuals with four (4) direct reports who are responsible for managing the units referenced above. This position reports directly to the State’s Attorney for Baltimore City.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Responsible for overall management, operations, and all day to day activities associated with Baltimore City State’s Attorney External Affairs division.
• Responsible for developing cooperative relationships with business contacts, journalists, public officials, government regulators, foundations, state and federal grant funding agencies and investors to maintain and develop partnerships and opportunities for the office.
• Oversees the implementation and management of multi-channel communications including websites, applications, video, email, print, phone, meeting, internal and external social media, fund raisers, and other components suitable to the project scope and priorities for the office.
• Responsible for the overall quality of programs, media activities, special events, social media, press release, public speaking, video production, fundraising, and crisis response.
• Represents the State’s Attorney of Baltimore in stakeholder meetings.
• Responds to and assists victim/witness advocates with relocation issues and when emergency responses are needed.
• Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team
concepts, programs and policies; coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
• Attends appropriate team meetings and spearheads Directors’ meetings to foster on going communication and direction of staff.
• As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes and reforms.
Office of the State’s Attorney for Baltimore City
• At least 5 – 10 years in Governmental Affairs and/or Communication related fields with a passion for criminal justice reform
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Government Relations or related field
• Juris Doctor or related criminal justice master’s degree preferred
• High energy, maturity, and leadership with an abundance of interpersonal skills
• Adaptable to change in fast pace, multitasked, and fluid environment
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to express ideas and provide strategic and tactical direction to internal and external parties
• Ability to effectively manage day to day operations of a large team
• Have a working knowledge of communication platforms and technologies; including websites management, social media applications, and various communication mediums
• Capability to serve at high level meetings representing the State’s Attorney for Baltimore
Salary Range: ($88,842-$146,472)
Interested candidates should email resumes to Resume (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a
subject reference of Chief of External Affairs by the close of business July 17, 2018. In the body of your transmittal email, please also indicate Chief of External Affairs as the position for which you are applying.