- Mission & Goals
- Working Groups
- Convener’s Corner
- Partners & Allies
- Photo Gallery
- This event has passed.
Strategies for Advancing Recovery Supports Nationwide
October 24, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am EDT
Monday, October 24, 2016
1:30 PM to 3:00 PM at 226 Dirksen Senate Office Building
The Bipartisan Task Force to Combat the Heroin Epidemic, US House of Representatives
Addiction, Treatment and Recovery Caucus, US House of Representatives
Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
- Scott Strode – Founder and National Executive Director, Phoenix Multisport, Denver, Colorado
- Rich Jones –Executive Director, Faces & Voices of Recovery Greenville, Greenville, South Carolina
- Michelle Harter – Manager of Anchor Recovery, AnchorED, Providence, Rhode Island
- John Shinholser – President, The McShin Foundation, Richmond, Virginia
- Elizabeth Pyke – Director of Government Affairs, National Criminal Justice Association, Washington, D.C
- Jessica Nickel – Executive Director, Addiction Policy Forum, Washington, D.C.
- Patty McCarthy Metcalf – Executive Director, Faces & Voices of Recovery, Washington, D.C.
This briefing will examine promising practices for expanding recovery support in communities and in criminal justice settings. Panelists will talk about innovative programs currently being implemented in states and localities that have shown promising results, including active community recovery support programs, recovery coaching in emergency rooms, family peer support, and jail based peer support models.
This event is part of the launch for the “Translating Science into Practice” series that will provide policymakers and practitioners with actionable resources about programs that are working to reduce and treat addiction–including prevention, overdose reversal, medication-assisted treatment, recovery, early intervention, treatment, and reentry.
RSVP to attend here.