Stay informed about the Sentencing Reform & Corrections Act. TAKE ACTION, and pass the following resources along to your networks. The links below allow you to read the bill, view mark ups, track updates and keep abreast of growing support for the bill.
Leadership Conference Talking Points
Coalition of AAPI Organizations
Organization statements in support of Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act:
- Asians Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) Beyond Bars
- American Civil Liberties Union
- American Bar Association
- Brennan Center for Justice
- Coalition for Public Safety
- Conservative and Faith-Based Organizations
- Drug Policy Alliance
- Families Against Mandatory Minimums
- Interfaith Community Sign on Letter
- Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- National Action Network
- National Association of Counties
- National Center for Lesbian Rights, Nat’l LGBTQ Task Force, Nat’l Center for Transgender Equality
- National Urban League
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Progressive Groups Sign on Letter
- U.S. Conference of Mayors
- U.S. Justice Action Network
- NAACP Testimony
- The Sentencing Project Testimony
- The Sentencing Project Letter
Interfaith leaders from the following states have banned together to send letters to policy makers in Washington.
Full Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing on SRCA, Oct. 19, 2015 (Includes the following agenda):
- The Honorable Sally Quillian Yates, Deputy Attorney General, United States Department of Justice, Washington, D.C.
- The Honorable Michael Mukasey, former Attorney General, United States Department Of Justice, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, New York , NY
- Mr. Hilary O. Shelton, Washington Bureau Director, Senior Vice President For Policy and Advocacy, NAACP, Washington, D.C.
- Mr. Craig DeRoche, Executive Director, Justice Fellowship, Senior Vice President, Prison Fellowship Ministries, Lansdowne , VA
- Ms. Debi Campbell, Spotsylvania County , VA
- Mr. Steven Cook, President, National Association of Assistant United States Attorneys, Knoxville , TN
- Mr. Marc Mauer, Executive Director, The Sentencing Project, Washington D.C.
Mauer Responses to Questions for the Record
- Ms. Heather Mac Donald, Thomas W. Smith Fellow, Manhattan Institute For Policy Research, Inc.. Contributing Editor, City Journal, New York , NY
- The Honorable Brett L. Tolman, former United States Attorney For The District Of Utah Shareholder, Ray Quinney & Nebeker PC, Salt Lake City , UT