- Mission & Goals
- Working Groups
- Convener’s Corner
- Partners & Allies
- Photo Gallery
- This event has passed.
Webinar: Stopping the Revolving Door & Saving Lives: Innovative Approaches for Addressing Opioid Overdose and Opioid Use Disorders in Hospital Emergency Departments
August 5, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDT
Director of National Drug Control Policy Michael Botticelli will host a webinar highlighting innovative approaches for addressing opioid overdose and opioid use disorders in hospital emergency departments.
Director Botticelli will outline the Administration’s response to the opioid crisis and expert panelists will provide an overview of comprehensive approaches to address opioid overdose and opioid use disorders in emergency department settings. The models they will describe include elements such as peer engagement and coaching, buprenorphine induction, counseling, and other psychosocial services, and naloxone training and distribution. Panelists will also discuss lessons learned and provide available outcome data. The webinar will conclude with a brief question and answer session.
Panelists will include:
- Traci Green, Ph.D., Deputy Director of the Boston Medical Center Injury Prevention Center and Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine & Epidemiology at Brown University;
- Elizabeth Samuels, MD, MPH, Postdoctoral Fellow, Yale University, and previously Chief Resident, Emergency Medicine Residency Program, Brown University;
- Janice Pringle, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Pharmacy and Therapeutics at University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy;
- Cheryl Andrews, Executive Director of the Washington County Pennsylvania Drug and Alcohol Commission; and
- Gail D’Onofrio, MD, MS, Professor of Emergency Medicine; Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Yale University.
Participants will receive information on how to request informal technical support/consultation from national experts.
Friday August 5, 2016
2:00-3:00 p.m. EST
Registration information forthcoming.