- Mission & Goals
- Working Groups
- Convener’s Corner
- Partners & Allies
- Photo Gallery
- This event has passed.
Nine Months Post-Inauguration: Moving Beyond Resistance. Creating an Action Plan for Gender Justice in the New Political Reality
October 20, 2017 @ 5:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
It has been nine months since the Inauguration. A new movement has been born, based largely on resistance. Resistance is powerful, and it has slowed down the progress of the Republican agenda. Yet resistance alone cannot take us where we want to go. For this movement to grow and flourish, we need a positive agenda, an action plan to move forward with progressive goals and ideas.
The purpose of this conference is to call together activists, policy makers, lawyers, and law students to envision the next stage of the new movement for global gender justice.
Conference themes and topics will include:
- Intersectionality and representative leadership. Centering women of color, lesbian and transgender women, religious minorities, immigrants, women living in poverty, and women living with disabilities in the conversation.
- GET* Lightning Rounds. Examine the most pressing challenges of the new Administration, including the assault on immigrants, Muslims, working women, health care, and the LGBTQ community. (*Gender Equity Talks)
- GET Huddles. Join with our speakers and like-minded people to explore opportunities for progressive change through law, policy, and activism.
- Speed Networking. Learn about opportunities for activism and advocacy from local and national organizations.
- Action Spotlights. Tools of progressive change, including story-telling and media strategies, political participation and running for office, and innovative legal services.