- Mission & Goals
- Working Groups
- Convener’s Corner
- Partners & Allies
- Photo Gallery
- This event has passed.
Moving on from Money Bail: Federal and state policies for bipartisan reform
October 4, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am EDT
As Congress and state houses across the country assess how to rein in bail, the public discussion of bail and pretrial reforms must address several questions:
1) What are the costs of a pretrial jail stay?
2) How can the federal and state governments work toward bail reform and what can local jurisdictions do to mitigate the problem in the interim? 3) How do we ensure bail replacements like pretrial risk assessments actually achieve their intended goals?
Please join R Street for a panel on October 4th at 12pm in Rayburn 2045 to discuss this important topic in criminal justice policy.
Lunch will be served.
- Kelley Vlahos, Executive Editor, The American Conservative (Moderator)
- Lars Trautman, Senior Fellow, R Street Institute
- Ed Chung, Vice President, Criminal Justice Reform, Center for American Progress
- Jason Snead, Senior Policy Analyst, Heritage Foundation
- Sakira Cook, Senior Counsel and Criminal Justice Program Director, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights