- Mission & Goals
- Working Groups
- Convener’s Corner
- Partners & Allies
- Photo Gallery
20th Annual State Criminal Justice Network Conference
August 18 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Every year, NACDL brings together advocates from around the country for its Annual State Criminal Justice Network Conference. This year, we are pleased to once again bring this event to you as a FREE, live virtual conference!
Beginning at 1:00 p.m. ET daily starting Wednesday, August 18th through Friday, August 20th, we will offer participants an opportunity to hear from experts from around the country on a range of state criminal justice reform issues and network with like-minded advocates. Conference speakers and participants include practitioners, advocates, and individuals directly affected by the criminal justice system, providing stakeholders who seek reforms that will have a lasting impact on their communities with valuable insight on existing and promising reform efforts nationwide.
This year’s conference will feature panel discussions on topics, including:
- Policing, including an overview of NACDL’s forthcoming report on predictive policing, as well as an examination of policing reforms adopted in the aftermath of nationwide protests in response to the murder of George Floyd;
- HIV Criminalization;
- The ‘Trial Penalty,’ exploring NACDL’s newly released report on the New York State Trial Penalty and hearing from individuals who received harsh sentences due to the trial penalty;
- Second Look and other reforms to combat life imprisonment and other extreme sentences;
- Abortion Criminalization;
- Illustrations of organizations who are successfully centering racial justice in their reform work;
- Cannabis reform; and
- Social media skills for the savvy advocates!
We look forward to your participation in this year’s conference!
Continue to check back here for updates to the agenda.
Please direct any questions to Monica L. Reid, NACDL Director of Advocacy, at email@example.com.
LOCATION: Online LIVE Web Training
DATE: August 18-20, 2021
TIME: 1:00pm-5:00pm ET daily (10:00am – 2:00pm PT)
Champion of State Criminal Justice Reform Award:The NACDL Champion of State Criminal Justice Reform Award recognizes an individual or group whose exceptional efforts have led to positive changes to reform a state criminal justice system. The award is presented at the annual State Criminal Justice Network Conference. Nominations for the 2021 Champion of State Criminal Justice Reform Award must be submitted electronically by Friday, June 4, 2021 and sent to Nora Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org(subject line: Champion of State Criminal Justice Reform Award). Click here to view award nomination guidelines.
- Ivan Dominguez, Senior Director of Public Affairs & Communications, NACDL
- Sarah Gersten, Executive Director, Last Prisoner Project
- Nina Ginsberg, Founding Partner, DiMuroGinsberg, P.C.
- Catherine Hanssens, Executive Director, Center for HIV Law and Policy
- Kate Holden, Public Affairs & Communications Associate, NACDL
- Lindsey Lewis, Partner, Dratel & Lewis
- Chalana McFarland
- Monica Milton, Public Defense Counsel, NACDL
- Jumana Musa, Director of Fourth Amendment Center, NACDL
- Missy Owen, Founding Partner, Tin Fulton Walker & Owen
- Norman Reimer, Executive Director, NACDL
- Martin Sabelli, President-Elect, NACDL
- Brian Simmons
- Susan Walsh, Partner, Vladeck Raskin & Clark, PC and Trial Penalty Project Chair at NYSACDL